Microsoft RMS Store Operations delivers a complete retail solution that can be run as a stand-alone application in individual stores, as well as connected to the head office using Microsoft RMS Headquarters.
Positive also have a integrated chip and pin module for your RMS install, this greatly reduces time processing credit/debit card transactions as this integration runs over your broadband, Integrated chip and pin is also more secure and safe and eliminates errors processing credit/debit payments. It is a perfect solution for any busy business where customer satisfaction is a top priority.
This powerful software package automates POS processes and store operations including sales transactions, purchasing, inventory management, staff and reporting.
Click below to navigate quickly of the following sections;
- Setup & Config.
- Stock & Purchasing
- Sales Transactions
- Credit Cards
- Pricing & Promotions
- Customer Management
- Staff Management
Setup & Configuration
- Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations installs and sets up easily. Employees can learn point-of-sale (POS) functions in minutes, and customizable online help is available at all times.
- Set up custom POS buttons to quickly access Web sites, software packages, and application tools.
- Quickly configure POS screens to display exactly the information your clerks need.
- Customize receipts and price labels with graphics and logos.
- Streamline buying with ordering levels, best-price suppliers, and automatic purchase order (PO) generation.
- Choose from 15 user-defined fields for customer information—for example, birth date, driver’s license number, and resale permit number.
- Add protection for every menu and field based on built-in cashier security levels, including the ability to customize how cashiers work with the POS and daily transactions. Data fields can be hidden, view-only, or editable.
- Add new lanes or stores with minimal disruptions to retail service—your solution offers a common POS platform that spans single or multiple store locations.
Stock Inventory & Purchasing
- Track and manage inventory using any stock and sales method and inventory types that include standard, serialized, kit, assembly, matrix, lot matrix, voucher, non-inventory, and weighed.
- Support an unlimited number of inventory items and transactions.
- Efficiently process and manage work orders, back orders, layaways, and quotes.
- Automatically calculate inventory replenishment based on reorder point/restock level or quantity sold.
- Support multiple suppliers for each item.
- Define master pack quantity for ordering.
- Assign item substitutes and maintain unlimited item aliases.
- Attach special notes and reminders to specific items.
- Export POs to Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Word for easy customization and viewing in a matrix grid format.
- Receive shipments and transfer inventory in/out.
- Use the Label Wizard to design graphical and bar code labels with or without your company logo.
- Use wizards to quickly add inventory and facilitate large changes to the database.
- Easily manage and modify complex item requirements and quickly add items to POs.
- Store and track offline inventory—for example, items not for sale.
- Ship and track inventory and orders through online services.
- Print kit components on receipt.
- Speed transactions with touch-screen support and user-defined keyboard shortcuts.
- Access the Internet quickly with online capabilities directly built into the POS transaction screen.
- Automatically look up prices, including sales, quantity discount, and promotional pricing.
- Handle U.S. and European sales tax and multiple tax rate tables, such as percent, base, and cap.
- Easily look up quantity on hand and item attributes such as extended description and sub descriptions, as well as display a picture.
- Quickly perform post-voids.
- Ship to multiple locations, select shipping carrier, and calculate shipping charges by weight/value.
- Search by account number, name, company, address, phone/fax number, e-mail address, and “ship to” information.
- Set a default account type for new customers and define different account types—for example, revolving.
- Look up, adjust, and track invoices for specific customer accounts.
- Apply finance charges on accounts.
- Bill payments for net terms.
Credit and Debit Card Processing
- Eliminate middleware for credit card processing and online debit support.
- Do away with credit card terminals and dedicated phone lines for transaction processing.
- Process a variety of cards, including MasterCard, VISA, Diners Club/Carte Blanche, American Express, Discover Card, and personal identification number (PIN) debit cards.
- Help ensure optimal credit card discount rates when cards need to be entered manually with Address Verification Support (AVS).
- Take advantage of Microsoft Dynamics RMS integration with PC Charge, ICVerify, and other leading providers.
Pricing, Sales and Promotions
- Discount entire sale or selected items at time of sale, including mixed-case discounts.
- Set up mix/match and “Buy X, Get Y” pricing structures and schedules, including fixed price and percentage discounts.
- Utilize lot pricing (single, six-pack, case, and more).
- Assign multiple price levels/customer (price break tables).
- Set up discounts from retail—including percentage discounts—markups from cost, and discounts by dollar amount.
- Set profit margin.
- Assign subtotal amount.
- Grant automatic discounts and differential pricing to special customers by using up to four levels of pricing.
- Reprint electronic receipts to resolve disputes, speed rebates, and verify purchase dates and amounts.
- Accept multiple tenders such as credit cards, coupons, gift vouchers, foreign currencies, and government stamps.
- Sell—even when your network is down—using the Terminal Offline feature.
- Sell and redeem vouchers, gift certificates, and gift cards.
- Process returns, issue store credit, and process deposits on orders.
- Instantly access a complete history of purchases, payments, and account information at the POS.
- Remind customers who forget items they normally purchase, and suggest up-sells, sale items, and volume discounts.
- Serve others while keeping a stalled transaction “on hold.”
- Capture, show, or hide customer contact and demographics on the POS screen.
- Accommodate partial payments and account payments.
- Use the customer data in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations to help create mailings targeted directly to customers’ special interests.
- Customize receipts with promotions for new products and specials.
- Broadcast Net Display Channels to customers waiting in line, including preselected Web sites, Web pages, and ads.
- Put items on sale/promotion, set up commission structures, and assign commissions to selected sales representatives.
- Quickly see which associates sell best to better manage staffing needs.
- Help ensure that tasks are completed with a calendar event planner, reminder messages, and the ability to send messages to cashiers.
- Improve efficiencies for managing staff with a built-in time clock, time-card reports, and tracking for employee information.
- Generate cashier log reports.
- Preview, print, or export data in multiple formats.
- Filter, hide, sort, and group data the way you want.
- Add your logo for formal reports.
- Drill down to modify the database directly from reports.
- View and print daily sales graphs and journals from any register.
- Preview, search, and print journals by register, batch, and/or receipt number.
- Print X, Z, and ZZ reports.
- Adjust report headers/columns on screen.
- Quickly drill down from summary reports to detailed reports.
- “Memorize” report settings.
- Work with familiar Microsoft Office system applications such as Office Excel and Office Word.
- Work with existing computers and OPOS (OLE for POS)-compatible peripherals.
- Use Electronic Draft Capture (EDC) and integrate with leading credit card services to reduce fraud and human error.
- Connect retail and financial management through integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Manage accounts receivable in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations, then trade summary POS data with popular accounting software such as Intuit QuickBooks (U.S. version).
- Enhance Microsoft Dynamics RMS with add-in functionality, including eCommerce solutions, personal digital assistance (PDA) and mobile/wireless stations, and integration to legacy systems, EDC, and credit card services.
Get in touch with us
As always, just give us a call to discuss your specific requirements. We are more than happy to help. Our telephone number is 01 6296058.