What’s new in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) 2.0?
See the new capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System 2.0 and how it can help retailers adapt quickly to complex retail requirements and drive down costs.
Enhanced inventory management
- Work with an easy-to-use form to create and modify multidimensional matrix items, as well as add or remove dimensions from existing items.
- Locate items quickly by searching on the supplier reorder number.
- Upload item costs to headquarters when cost information changes at the store level, ensuring accurate, chain-wide item cost reports based on weighted average.
Improved purchasing control
- Add items to purchase orders (POs) on-the-fly using a new dialogue window.
- Manage specialized purchasing requirements by easily exporting POs to Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Office Excel for easy customization.
- Help ensure accurate ordering that keeps popular items in stock with the ability to view purchase orders in matrix format.
New pricing capabilities
- Set percentage or pricing discounts for “Buy X, get Y” and Mix/Match quantity discount scenarios.
- Set up and select “by price” or “by percentage” options.
Address Verification Support (AVS)
- Help ensure optimal credit card discount rates when cards need to be entered by hand—for example, when a card reader is not working or a card’s magnetic stripe cannot be read.
Simplified product activation
- Streamline distribution and deployment with Microsoft product activation using product keys, including activation through both the Internet and call centers.
Enhanced support and maintenance offerings
- With Microsoft Dynamics RMS 2.0, the Annual Maintenance Program is a bundled purchase for customers licensing Microsoft Dynamics RMS. The program includes major feature releases, enhancements to training offerings, and new online resources.
- The Annual Maintenance Program will now include two technical-support calls free of charge.
- In addition to the maintenance program purchased with each license sale, there are two additional levels of support available: Free business-critical support to help meet emergency system needs and pay-as-you-go Flex Support offerings.